|
lilac*dreams
|
|
Author Info*
Pen Name: kawaii_kirei_ichigo Started writing: This is my first fic, wad do ya think?? Real Name: dOrCaS rOxAnN tEo HuI jUn Age: 14 and counting Hobbies: Writing fics, toturing my muses, hee! My Personality: Crazy! HAHAHA!! my links! Main Site Index Prologue Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 rainbow*connections |
|
~Chapter 1- Morning’s Tierce~ Disclaimer: I do not own any of the CCS characters, I do own the plot and most of the characters. So don't sue me!!!! Golden-brown particles were tossed around by a restless wind. Glaring rays of sunlight bore into the earth. The place was blistering hot. A place of quiet death, the Sahara Desert. Amiss the blistering hot land, there was a camp, surrounded by a metal fence. Tents of various bright and cheerful colors dotted the camp. Children dressed in dirty, torn rags ran around the city despite the heat. Woman, wearing traditional Arabian clothes of faded colors, carrying basket of assorted accessories chattered while doing work. Man in worn brown attires stood guard around the camp. In the middle of the array, stood a tall tower, known to all as the watchtower. This was the outcast camp. A young man stood on top of the watchtower. He kept an attentive glaze of the desert. With amber colored eyes, messy chocolate brown hair and a muscular body, he was a handsome one, making many girls in the camp swoon over him. Though he wasn’t interested in them. At the age of fourteen. He was already a master swordsman with a high position. Bearing the Li Clan Sword, he was the Chosen One of his clan. This man was Syaoran Ryuren-Yelan. A man of accomplishment, proud and unfeeling. He was always seen as cold as ice; there was only one person who could melt him. The person was one he looked up to; he’s fellow high ranking Master Swordsman aka his best friend, Kou Niko-Aurora. He was worried for Kou. Being sent to the Empire as a spy for some unknown business that the Chief didn’t want to reveal. He hadn’t been able to get contact with Kou since then. Suddenly, out of the corner of he’s eye, he spotted two unidentified moving objects. He looked closer. They were humans! They looked ridiculously out of place in the desert with their fancy, clean clothes. People from the Empire! Syaron realized and swiped out his binoculars. One was a girl with long jet black hair. Her hair hung down to her waist. The other was a boy with his brownish-black hair tied into a ponytail. “Hmm... why would the Empress send someone of about my age to... wait a minute,” Syaron paused and stared at the boy, “That’s Kou!” Syaoran grinned as he ran. He needed to report this discovery to the chief at once. But one thought lingered in his mind, who was the girl with Kou? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Somewhere in the Sahara Desert) “How much longer?” Jadeite panted. “Not much.” Kou said simply, not even breathing hard. “Can we rest? We’ve been walking for hours?” Jadeite complained. “No, the camp’s just up ahead.” Kou shook his head. “I wish that Crystal was still with us. She could fly us across.” Jadeite sighed. “I wish too, but the people will be frightened by them, they do not approve of spritshadows.” Kou said simply. “I know.” Jadeite sagged, “but I still miss their company.” Jadeite turned her eyes to the sky. She had released Crystal a few days ago. A few tears glistened in her viridian eyes as she remembered that day. ~ (Flashback) ~ “But why?” Jadeite exclaimed. “It is no longer compulsory for you to have a spritshadow. We wish to go back to our native land. And remember, your next wish is to meet up with the outcasts and dispel the century long enmity. The outcasts do not favor spritshadows. It’s best to release us.” Crystal calmly said. “No! Kou stop them, help me turn them around.” Jadeite faced Kou. “If it’s their wish to leave, I cannot stop them. Besides, it’ll make our visit to the outcast camp easier.” Kou looked indifferently at Jadeite. “Please, make this easier for Crystal.” Obsidian comforted. Jadeite sobbed painfully. Kou sighed and got up from his place and put his arm around Jadeite comforting her. They waited till Jadeite’s sobs quieted and she looked up. “Alright, I’ll release you.” Jadeite sighed, “But will I be able to see you again?” “You will.” Crystal nodded. Jadeite closed her eyes and held out her sunstone, as did Kou. Both recited the words of departure. “I, master of this spritshadow, grant freedom to from its bonds into its native land, forever and ever. These words shall be sealed by the promise of my sword.” A strong wing blew around them and a portal, crackling with energy appeared. Crystal and Obsidian turned into flesh and blood phoenixes and started to fly towards the portal, with Obsidian entering first. Just as Crystal was about to fly through the portal, Jadeite called out, “When will we meet again?” “When you need me Jadeite, I’ll be there.” Crystal whispered. With that, Crystal flew through the portal. There was a blast of blinding light. Both Jadeite and Kou had to shield their eyes from the onslaught. When the light faded, the portal as well as the phoenixes disappeared. A glowing white feather floated down into Jadeite’s opened hands. She clutched it tight to her chest and started sobbing again. She collapsed into Kou’s chest. Kou stroked Jadeite’s hair as she renewed her tears. ~ (End of Flashback) ~ “Jadeite?” a voice pulled her out of her thoughts. “Huh? Yes?” she said startled. “Are you okay? You sort of blanked out for a while.” Kou asked, worried. “Yeah, I’m fine.” Jadeite smiled reassuringly. Kou shrugged and said, “The outcast camp’s up ahead.” “Oh.” Jadeite looked up ahead. There stood the outcast camp with its colorful tents and tall watchtower, “Wow...” Kou just smiled at her and continued to trek forward. Jadeite followed less enthusiastically. She clutched to Crystal’s feather which she had threaded into the sliver chain with the star sapphire ring. A silent prayer ringing in her mind, Please protect me... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Outcast Camp) Jadeite clutched tightly to Kou’s arm. “Jadeite, please release me, my arms getting numb.” Kou said in exasperation. Jadeite blushed a deep pink before letting Kou’s arm go. They were outside the outcast camp, being inspected by the guards at the door. “Can’t you hurry up, I’m Master Swordsman Kou. It’s the truth.” Kou sighed “Sorry, no can do. We heard that the Empire has sort of broken down. There could be more attackers now that the Empress’s treaty is broken.” the guard muttered. Kou slapped his forehead, while Jadeite shook his head. “They don’t know even half of the truth. It was Sharrakor who stirred up enmity feelings...” Jadeite whispered across to Kou. “No whispering!” the guard trust his sword towards Jadeite. She leaned backwards in shock. Kou glared at the guard. “Put down your weapon, guard. Do you know who that is?” a voice from the door of the camp traveled in. “I’m sorry, sir. Who are they.” the guard saluted. “That is Kou Niko-Aurora, high-ranking Master Swordsman, 1 year my senior, as well as my best friend.” the figure immerged from the door, “Hello Kou.” “Syaoran!” Kou exclaimed. They both ran to each other and exchanged manly hugs. Jadeite watched the whole scene with an air of amusement. “Hey! Just out of curiosity, who is that?” Syaoran pointed at Jadeite. “Oh, that’s Jadeite Kamui-Jewel. My girlfriend.” Kou smiled. Syaoran suddenly became hostile, “What? You’re a boyfriend to someone in the Empire? How could you? You’re an outcast!” Before Kou could answer, Jadeite stood up and looked squarely into Syaoran’s eyes, “That’s where you’re wrong. I’m not part of the Empire anymore. Neither am I part of the so-called outcasts. Unless you except me of course. I’m here to dispel the enmity between the Empire and the Outcasts once and for all. If you refuse me, then I’m sure that Kou would not want to be part of the outcasts any longer.” “Is this true?” Syaoran asked Kou, as if daring him to say yes. “Yes, all Jadeite has said is true.” Kou answered coldly and unemotionally. Syaoran frowned, “Very well, I shall take you to see the Chief. Come with me.” “Syaoran.” Kou made a grab for his hand, but he pulled away. “Syaoran...” Kou whispered. Jadeite held Kou’s arm and squeezed it, “I’m sorry.” “It’s not your fault, don’t worry.” Kou patted Jadeite’s hand reassuringly and they made their way through the village. Jadeite closed her eyes as Kou led her one, Then why do I feel as if it’s my fault you’re in this dilemma, Kou? Why? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Chief’s Tent) “Permission to enter premises with the visitors.” Syaoran saluted to an unknown person hidden within the veils of the tent. “You may enter.” a voice musical voice drifted out of the tent. So the outcast chief is a woman, Jadeite thought as she entered the tent. Inside the tent, Jadeite felt overwhelmed by the rich colors of the fabrics that shaded then from the sun. “You may leave, Master Swordsman Syaoran.” the person, hidden behind translucent cloth ordered. Syaoran saluted and left the temple. As soon as Syaron left, the person began to speak. “Ah, Kou, I see you’re back, with the bearer of Light as well.” the person said. “Yes. I have.” Kou answered. “What happened to the “chief”?” the person asked, clearly amused. “My loyalty to the Outcasts is on probation.” Kou replied hesitantly. “Madam, listen. I’m here to discuss on the enmity between the Empire and the Outcast.” Jadeite interjected. Kou gave a disapproving look. “A girl with an attitude. I like that and please call me Hinoto. Madam sounds too old.” the person emerged from behind the veils. The person was a lady dressed in the rich blue robes of a Chinese priestess. She had bluish-sliver hair and shimmering blue eyes. Her hair was done up into a fancy headdress. “Well, you can tell me about your adventures slaying the free shadows?” she asked politely. Though a bit unnerved by the amount of information she knew, I told her all I knew. At the end, she smiled and said, “Alright, you may join the Outcasts on two conditions.” “And may I ask what the conditions are?” Jadeite raised her eyebrows. “You have to get the people to accept you, as well as beat Master Swordsman Syaoran in a sword duel.” Hinoto replied in her slivery voice Shed gasped, as did Kou. “But Syaoran’s is one of the best at the sword. How will Jadeite be able to...” Kou protested. Hinoto raised her hand, “She will be able to beat Syaron if she believes in herself.” “Alright, I’ll accept.” Jadeite sighed. “Very well.” Hinoto drifted behind the veils again. “Master Swordsman Syaoran!” Hinoto called. “Yes, chief?” Syaoran entered. “Here is my order. Jadeite Kamui-Jewel may join the outcasts on the conditions that the people of the camp except her and that she beats you, Master Swordsman Syaoran in a sword duel. The duel will take place tomorrow. Before tomorrow Noon, Jadeite will rest in the guest tent, and may practice in the plain of sorrows. She may also borrow any sword available in the armory tent. This ends my decree.” Hinoto said in an authoritative voice “Very well, Chief.” Syaron said stiffly and led Kou and Jadeite out. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Guest Tent) “This is your tent where you will sleep. I will leave you now.” Syaoran stood at one side and gestured. Kou wordlessly went in. Jadeite clutched the side of the opening of the tent, then paused. “Syaoran?” she whispered. “Yes?” he said, surprised. “The agreement was that I had to make everyone in this camp accept me. But, you don’t seem to take any liking to me...” Jadeite stammered. “So?” Syaoran asked impatiently. “Well, is there anything I can do to make you accept me?” Jadeite looked earnestly at Syaoran. “Yes there is.” Syaron paused. “What is it?” Jadeite asked eagerly. “Get out of this camp and leave Kou alone.” he growled bluntly. He marched off, leaving behind a stiff Jadeite with her hands clamped tightly together. She looked sadly at the disappearing figure before looking away and climbing into the tent. There, she collapsed into Kou’s wide open arms. “Kou... I’m sorry.” Jadeite whispered. “Sorry for what?” “I put you in this dilemma. I should be sorry. I split you from your friend, your fam...” “Hush. Jadeite, don’t you see, it’s my choice to stay with you, to stand by your side.” “Thank you, Kou.” “It’ll be alright. Sleep now.” Jadeite sank thankfully into darkness while Kou stroked her hair. In her mind, all she had was one thought, I hope so too Kou, I hope so too. Author’s Note: FINALLY! I’M DONE!!!!! I worked on this chapter all night! Now I have a gigantic headache. Sorry, but there won’t be any ‘Muses Torture and Rants’ section tonight, I’m too tired, well, R& R via e-mail to cute_little_ichigo@hotmail.com Ai added colour at 8:24 AM
|